Arch and Holmes-Hunter Academic building
Description: Arch and Holmes-Hunter Academic building
Caption: The Holmes-Hunter Academic Building was renamed in 2001 in honor of Charlayne Hunter-Gault and Hamilton Holmes, who became the first African Americans to enroll at the University of Georgia in 1961. The building was originally constructed as two separate buildings, one erected in 1831, that were joined together in 1905.
Date of Photo: 5/2/2007
Credit: Paul Efland, University of Georgia
Photographic Services File: 23621-040
© 2007 University of Georgia
The University of Georgia owns the rights to this image or has permission to redistribute this image. Permission to use this image is granted for internal UGA publications and promotions and for a one-time use for news purposes. Separate permission and payment of a fee is required to use any image for any other purpose, including but not limited to, commercial, advertising or illustrative purposes. Unauthorized use of any of these copyrighted photographs is unlawful and may subject the user to civil and criminal penalties. Possession of this image signifies agreement to all the terms described above.
© University of Georgia Marketing & Communications