Description: Sanford Stadium Aerials during Football Game
Caption: University of Georgia football fans gather in Sanford Stadium on fall Saturdays to cheer on their Bulldogs Between the Hedges. Completed in 1929, the 92,746 seat stadium is the fifth largest on-campus stadium in the country. Named for the late Dr. S. V. Sanford, former president of the University and Chancellor of the University system, Georgia's Sanford Stadium celebrated its 75th anniversary in 2004. Sanford Stadium hosted the medal round of the 1996 Olympic men's and women's soccer competition watched via television by over 3 billion people around the world.
Date of Photo: 9/29/2012
Credit: Peter Frey, University of Georgia
Photographic Services File: 29314-529
The University of Georgia owns the rights to this image or has permission to redistribute this image. Permission to use this image is granted for internal UGA publications and promotions and for a one-time use for news purposes. Separate permission and payment of a fee is required to use any image for any other purpose, including but not limited to, commercial, advertising or illustrative purposes. Unauthorized use of any of these copyrighted photographs is unlawful and may subject the user to civil and criminal penalties. Possession of this image signifies agreement to all the terms described above.
The University of Georgia owns the rights to this image or has permission to redistribute this image